Wednesday 31 October 2007

Last day

Today is the last day at my present job. Brought in some doughnuts and cookies for everyone. The main thing I am looking forward to is not having to get up at 5:30 each morning. Although I am sure I'll still wake at 5:30 for next few days! I am sad (well, slightly) to leave this job as I have enjoyed working here. Of course there have been problems and as usual with large companies the bureaucracy is phenomenal, along with internal politics and personal snipping, but overall, it has been good. There is a good sense of team and a genuine willingness to help. The biggest problem for me has been the distance. Driving 50 miles round trip may not sound too bad, and it isn't really, its just that most of it is on the M25 motorway, which as some of you know is sometimes a carpark when there is either too many vehicles or an accident. And this is what makes the job tiring. I know others have a harder life, worse job, longer hours, further to travel, so I consider it a real blessing that I now have a new job closer to home and with more standard hours.



No comments: