Tuesday 7 August 2007

The Silly Season

The holiday season is upon us. I also consider it to be the silly season too, and possibly the dangerous season. I was driving to work this morning and the M25 had less traffic on it. "Wonderful" I thought "I'll be able to get to work in good time and with a slightly more relaxed drive". How wrong could I be. I did get to work in good time, but slightly more relaxed... no way. Other drivers decided to take advantage of this situation by driving at break-neck speed. Dangerous would be an under-statement. If a policeman had been there with a speed camera, he'd have had a field day. It makes me wonder that when a opportunity arises to take things easy people don't, they speed up! Myself, if it come to it, I'd prefer to be 10 minutes late in this life than 10 minutes early in the next. But then I have this thing about leaving early so I don't have to rush. Everyone seems to be in a rush so they can stop. Rush, rush, rush, stop. Rush rush, rush, stop. Relentless. Pointless. Do they actually enjoy rushing to a stop, or it a compulsion?

No comments: