Friday 27 July 2007

The interview

The interview went well, Chris was friendly and direct. After a brief overview of the company, I gave a brief overview of my history work wise. Chris then gave an overview of the job and said that he thought I would be suitable for this job and with a little training and experience to go further. The hours are 6am to 6pm (12 hours shift) 4 days on and 4 days off. Sound not too bad. But... it seems to work out that for 3 weeks running you wouldn't a weekend off. Overall if I was single I would probably jump at this opportunity but I'm not and have therefore decided (after a chat with my wife) not to take this any further, but to continue to pray and to look. I have a good job and therefore I can take my time to find the right job close to home.

On a different note, I've been looking at other blogs and websites and have decided that this one needs a revamp. I have been trying out different options and will decide soon. The only thing I'm not too sure about at the moment is whether to go for 2 or 3 columns. I'd prefer 2 columns but apparently 3 columns is best. Thing is this is a blog, not and advertising website. So may be i'll go with 2 columns, looks cleaner, less cluttered and easier to read IMHO.

No comments: