Friday 15 June 2007

The Purpose Driven Life

By Rick Warren.
A great book, worth reading more then once. Charles Spurgeon read Pilgrims Progress by Bunyon once a year as it reminded him of the Christian life. Although I am no Charles Spurgeon, I do have on thing in common with the great preacher, we both welcome guidance to remain on the path. And I would consider this book to be in that category of "to be read often".

At the outset, Rick makes no apologies for stating that this book will guide you on a spiritual journey, where by the end you will now Gods purpose for your life, and you'll understand the big picture - how it all fits together.

In a short time from now I will be going through A Purpose Driven Life. I have set up a blog so I can publish my thoughts and consequences of this book. You can follow my journey HERE and I would welcome your comments (so long as they are publishable!).

UPDATE
It will now be slightly longer than a short while due to other commitments....
Watch this space....

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that this is a book worth reading periodically as a spiritual checkup. I am currently in the midst of my own forty-day journey with the book.

I purchased the Audiobook version on iTunes ($20 vs $35 for the CDs) and listen to the audio version at work and re-read at home when I answer and ponder the questions at the end.

It is definitely something I am going to re-read and re-listen to for my own spiritual benefit.

Cool blog. I have dedicated my website currently to my journey with the book over at http://jeffandrene.com.

jeff alldridge